Friday, September 22, 2006

Next up?

I doubt I'm the only OCD Triathlete who has finished an Ironman, really enjoyed the experience, and now craves another!

Due to work commitments I felt it wasn't right to try and squeeze in Ironman training for a September race, so IMW'07 was not a possibility :(

However, to compromise with the addicted 'devil' on my other shoulder I'm taking a serious look at IM Florida for '07!

I can't believe the effect one race can have on a person. Why would I want to commit to all that training again? Is my memory that selective that it forgets all the hours it takes and how a training ride/run can end up taking up most of your weekend when you include rest, recovery and eating?!?

I'm sure there are lots of other OCD's out there wondering if they too think a CAT Scan should be our next stop.

I'm trying to buy my finish line video, but for some reason my order has been declined twice. I'll try and have something up when I get answer back from them.

Fall is setting in quickly here, the trainer is only a few weeks away. I need to find a DQ in warmer climates!

2 Comments:

Blogger TriSaraTops said...

I KNOW the feeling!!! We are sick. In a good way, of course.

I'm thinking Florida '08! You can let me know how the course is! Figured I'd give it a shot on a flat course and see what I can do. :)

There's lots of DQ's in Ohio...but I don't know if we're really all that much warmer than Manitoba! :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger emily said...

Hi Laird, god, the internet is a small world-- the triathlon-internet world even smaller. I was standing next to your wife in the spectators at IM Wisconsin during the swim start. Just happened to be in town visiting family that weekend, so went down to the start to psych myself up for an upcoming olympic distance tri... good to see you finished well, anyway say hi to your wife, she is awesome and was fun to talk to-- I was cheering for you too. Just randomly surfing blogs today and put the pieces together!
Emily

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon, Phoenix!